Announcements
The Simulation Mechanical Idea Board has been closed down and placed in read-only mode following a recent discontinuation announcement. Please see our supporting FAQ for more information.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easier way to schedule an analysis

easier way to schedule an analysis

I would like to be able to access the Schedule analysis dialog directly from the ribbon instead of going through the "Run Analysis" command.

My system is set up so that analyses run automatically. ("Tools > Application Options > Analysis tab > Automate Analysis" checked.) When done like this, I cannot schedule an analysis. The analysis runs without giving me the chance to schedule it!

When automate analysis is off, I can schedule an analysis, but running an analysis becomes a manual process which takes more of my time, especially with a large model. This is what happens when you run a large analysis with automate turned off:

1. Click "Run Analysis".
  2. Wait, and wait, for the model to be saved and the Analysis window to appear.
  3. Click the Run button (or maybe is says "Analyze")
  4. Returning later, you click the "OK" button to acknowledge that the analysis completed.
  5. Click the "Done" button to close the Analysis window.
  6. Wait, and wait, and wait for the model to be loaded into the Results Environment.

Users should be able to use Automate Analysis to avoid the downtime mentioned above and easily schedule analyses.

2 Comments
Sualp.Ozel
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Sualp.Ozel
Community Manager

can we consider this implemented with all the changes that were introduced in 2015 and 2016?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report