Announcements
The Simulation Mechanical Idea Board has been closed down and placed in read-only mode following a recent discontinuation announcement. Please see our supporting FAQ for more information.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color of material for Simulation Mechanical/Multiphysics

Color of material for Simulation Mechanical/Multiphysics

A user I was speaking with proposed that Simulation Mechanical/Multiphysics be able to display the material color when a material is chosen for a part, instead of the parts of an assembly all just being gray (unless it has been assigned to a cad model and imported with it).  So, for instance - say there was an assembly that you obtain from a step file.  If you assign a material of gold to one or more parts, those parts would display in a gold color... cast iron a dark gray and so on.  I like the idea, it would mimic what Inventor currently does.

4 Comments
Sualp.Ozel
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be a great enhancement. would let the user see visually if all parts are assigned and if they are correct. Helps in presentations as well. I used this feature in ANSYS Workbench. Anything not assigned would be like a light grey color. Excellent idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the model is imported from Inventor, it will be nice to get the color from the Inventor material library.

martin_madaj
Advocate

Hello,

what's the status now? I don't think this has been implemented yet (Sim. Mech. 2017)...

Martin M.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report