Announcements
The Simulation Mechanical Idea Board has been closed down and placed in read-only mode following a recent discontinuation announcement. Please see our supporting FAQ for more information.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

associativity

associativity

Hi

When using the associativity from the CAD system, and resend a (modified) model to SIMMECH, we think it should be resend to a new design scenario and not the original one since it will delete the first results

actually, the user has to copy the current DS but it works quite bad/Well.

3 Comments
bryan_mcnatt
Advocate

... or at least be given the option via dialog to either update the original DS or create/copy to a new DS. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've wished for this before, too. I've gone to add new geometry as a new Design Study in my project and then realized that I actually want to keep the setup I have on an existing Design Study, and in order to do that I first have to clone the existing Design Study and THEN update with the new geometry.

It would be nice to have a "Clone and Update" button which would do both steps in one shot, right from the Add/Update dialog. After we click this button we would be allowed to select which Scenarios to clone just as we can when doing a regular clone. I would use this all the time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, thought I was on the CFD forum. The problem you described is even more problematic in Sim Mechanical, because it's impossible to have more than one design within a simulation project. As stated in this idea, we really need this capability. This is a similar idea requesting the same thing: Make the import and update process work like in CFD.

Once Sim Mech is (hopefully) enabled to add/update designs like CFD can, then adding the "Clone and Update" button I described above would be a great improvement for both CFD and Sim Mech.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report