Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transient stress - no. of load curves

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
t.lipecki
291 Views, 3 Replies

Transient stress - no. of load curves

Perhaps my question is very simple to answer. 

I made transient stress analyses (both direct and modal). There is the limitation of numbers of curves. The max. number is 26. For 27 LC calculations failed. Even if I apply 1 LC with the number 27 they will fail.

How to change the number of LC? Is it possible?

I remember the old ALGOR and there was no limits for curves. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: t.lipecki

Hi @t.lipecki Welcome to the Sim Mech forum.

I was able to reproduce the problem. When running the analysis, the Solve Log shows this message:

ERROR - Load factor out of range 1<loadfactor<26

My guess is that the limit is hard coded (or a bug), so there is nothing that can be changed to extend it to N load curves.

I suggest that you use an MES analysis. In the Element Definition, set the "Analysis Type" to "Small Displacement", and it should behave very similar to the transient stress analysis.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi @t.lipecki

Just wanted to follow-up to see if you tried an MES analysis, or if you have any other questions.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 4
t.lipecki
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thank you for fast answer. I remember times when the load curves were not limited :). Anyway I will switch to MES. I will write here about my achievements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report