Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Mechanical free trial?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
joonas.vesterinen
797 Views, 2 Replies

Simulation Mechanical free trial?

Hello,

Does anyone have information is it possible to download free trial Simulation Mechanical? We are currently using Autodesk Plan Design Suite package which includes Inventor, but that inventor version doesn't have fem-module unfortunately, so we are wondering now which way would be best to carried out fem-analysis to steel structures etc.

I think the options are 1) update current inventor to professional version which includes fem-module or 2) purchase separate fem-program (but we are not interested ansys etc. and we are interested to use autodesk products for this purpose also). Have someone knowledge is there big differences about pricing?

I would be more than happy if I will get some answers and opinions to things mentioned above, those would be very helpful for me.

BR,

Joonas

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Joonas

You should use Nastran Incad, 

great tool embedded in INVENTOR.

which contains all FE element types for steel structures.

Alain

Message 3 of 3

Sim Mechanical and Nastran In-CAD are both general purpose FEA codes capable of solving a wide range of applications, including structural weldments.  However, if this is your primary application, then you may also want to consider a more specialized structural product such as Autodesk Robot Structural.

You will want to work with your Autodesk reseller to help determine which one will best suit your purpose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report