Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"k-node nearly colinear" message after using bolt wizard to generate connections

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
bryan_mcnatt
730 Views, 1 Reply

"k-node nearly colinear" message after using bolt wizard to generate connections

I've used what I still call the bolt wizard to generate bolted connections in an assembly.  I've used this tool and procedure for years AND for weeks now on this same model (creating & re-creating bolts) and I've never seen the message that I'm getting now :  "K-Node Nearly Colinear" with some of the beam elements that make up all the bolted connections.

I know what that means but I don't know how to fix it, if I need to, or how I caused the situation to exist.  The message does point me to the Part and the element number but I don't know how to find those specific elements (it's not all of the bolt beam elements).

Any advice is much appreciated!

Bryan McNatt, P.E.
MRD Engineering
www.mrd-engineering.com
Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
marwan_azzam
in reply to: bryan_mcnatt

Hello Bryan,

Please try setting the beam orientation for the elements in question manually by changing the surface number.

Marwan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report