Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Simulation Mechanical ( stress analysis)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adrien.notteau
236 Views, 2 Replies

Questions about Simulation Mechanical ( stress analysis)

Hi Community,

Thanks in advance to the people who will read this post.

I'm a french beginner and i have some questions about this software.

In fact, about the stress simulation with a pressure, i would like to know this pressure is internal or external ?

Then, i use PV Design for the design of my pressure vessel. I would like to know if it's possible to export this model to Autocad ?

Thanks in advance,

Have a good day !

Adrien

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello Adrien, even though there is no french Simulation Mechanical forum, I take the opportunity of your message to inform you the french forums are located here: http://www.autodesk.fr/forums

Patrick Emin animateur de la communauté francophone

Vous avez trouvé un message utile? Alors donnez un "J'aime" à ce message!
Votre question a eu une réponse satisfaisante? Voulez vous avoir l'amabilité de cliquer sur le bouton
 APPROUVER LA SOLUTION  en bas de la réponse qui apporte une solution?
Signez notre Livre d'Or
Message 3 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: adrien.notteau

Hi Adrien. Welcome to Simulation Mechanical.

"I would like to know this pressure is internal or external ?"

You select where to apply the pressure. So if you apply it to the inside, it is an internal pressure. If you apply to the outside, it is external. If you apply half to the inside and half to the outside, you will get strange results. Smiley Wink

"I would like to know if it's possible to export this model to Autocad ?"

Some setups in PV Designer can be exported to an IGES file. The page titled "PVDesigner" in the Help > Users Guide indicates which designs can be exported to IGES.

The next step would be to see if AutoCAD can read that format, and if importing the #D model provides what you want.

But in general, the model that is being analyzed in Simulation Mechanical cannot be output to AutoCAD. The best that can be done is to export all of the mesh lines to a DXF file, but I am not sure what you would then do with that in AutoCAD. (In other words, what use is the mesh in AutoCAD.)

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report