Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the file size?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jjorgeri
267 Views, 0 Replies

Problem with the file size?

Hello:

My name is Javier. I am doing some steady state simulations for a Uni project and I am having a weird problem. The simulations was not good, so I tried to make a small simulation and little by litte making a more complex system, to see if I saw the original problem (with the mess, the geometry...)

What I have discover is that all seems to be good if the Cad part I  introduce is not really big. I don´t know if I explain myself.

In the next picture, the height of the part is 140mm: The result with the mesh and the final analysis with a certain boundary conditions is the next (attached pictures):

Mesh140mm.pngResult 140mm.png

The size is 158.872mb

If I put 160mm instead of the 140mm of height, the result should be similar. However it change completely and this seems to be a wrong solution (attached pictures):

Mesh 160mm.pngResult 160mm.png

The size is 480.090mb

This file is made by a 3 bodies, in a step file. The version of the software is the educational one.

I don´t know the reason of this because the mesh, the mesh size and type, the boundary conditions etc are always the same. I have check with smaller pieces and the problem is well solve. However if I try to increase some of the dimensions, the problems is solve wrong.

Is there some explanation about that? Does anyone know from where can this come?

Many thanks,

Javier. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report