Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No solid export from Autocad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
298 Views, 2 Replies

No solid export from Autocad

Hi,

I've got problem with exporting the geometry from Autocad 2017 to Simulation Mechanical 2016.

In SM The solids aren't viewed, but at the left side I can see, that these elements were imported. I've tried with IGES files, dxf and dwg. What can be reason?

The Autocad file in attachment.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jakub,

I do not have access to the current software at the moment, but since three different formats do not work, I think the problem is the name of the file. Try using a file name that only includes standard English characters. (I do not have access to the current software, but I was able to open it successfully when using Sim Mech 2013 when I renamed the file. I was able to open it with errors when using your original filename.)

DXF and IGES file formats are probably not the best format to try since each one has a variety that is wireframe only. If the DWG format does not work, the second format to try would be a STEP (STP) format.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Thank you for your answer.

We found a solution: copied all solids to new file in Autocad 2015. After it I've opened the file in Autocad 2017 and exported as IGES file. Also I've installed Simulation Mechanical 2017 (I heard that the best way is to have the same version of software -Autocad 2017 and SM 2017).

Almost everything is fine, but I've selected 43 solids in Autocad to export and in Simulation Mechanical I have 44.

The name of file wasn't a problem.

Could you also tell me please, how to save file as STP? I don't have such option as export or save as in Autocad.

Regards,

Jakub

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report