Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MES with different ambient temperatures

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
429 Views, 2 Replies

MES with different ambient temperatures

Hello Community,

i would like to simulate a pressing process to determine the occurring stresses and the reaction force.

That´s what I´ve done. 

Parts.PNGThe next Step is to ensure that the reaction force is sufficient at different temperatures (-40°C and 150°C).

I want to achieve this Step by further simulations with thermal influences but i always get the same results.
I´ve tested it with the preset temperature and with a thermal Analysis.

If someone has an idea where my error is or knows another way to get the reaction force with different temperatures I´m glad about your answer.

Best Regards
Tony
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Tony,

Did you change the material model (under the Element Definition) to a choice that includes thermal effects? In other words, if you are using a Isotropic material, you will notice that the material properties do not include the coefficient of thermal expansion, in which case there are no expansion effects.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hello John,

thanks for your tip. I had not considered that.

The simulations with different temperatures have worked and the results are good.

Kind Regards

Tony

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report