Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching nodes with several parts

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
romat1993
546 Views, 5 Replies

Matching nodes with several parts

Hello,

I am exposed to a problem where my structure seems to react only where my load is applied. (See attachment 1)

After many tests, I understood that I had to meet the mesh between the elements (part).

I inquired here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/simulation-mechanical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/...lish

I have activated the automatic meeting: "Linear static stress: Setup, Model Setup, Parameters, Contact tab, Enable smart bonded / welded contact"

But that does not change anything in my results, I do not have the nodes that meet (see attachment 2).

Do you have a solution ? please

I hope to be understandable

romat1993

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
John_Holtz
in reply to: romat1993

Hi @romat1993 Welcome to the Sim Mech forum.

I see that your model is deflecting. I do not know what the model is or what it looks like in the undisplaced shape, but all of the parts appear to be connected together. And I see stress on the parts, so I do not understand what you see in the results that makes you think the analysis is wrong. (Actually, the stress is very low, correct?)

Maybe something is wrong because of the size of the model? Two kilometers long seems big for whatever this is.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 6
romat1993
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thanks you for response

Exactly ! I used MKSI system and I do my model (dwg) in mm. Here is a corrected error !

Now, Can you confirm that the nodes automatically snap together when the contact is "bonded" ?

Message 4 of 6
John_Holtz

Hi romat1993,

I cannot confirm that the parts are bonded because I do not have the model or images of the new results, I do not know what parts are in the model, etc. Smiley Happy

But you have the model and the results, so you can confirm if the parts are bonded together.

1. If you exaggerate the displacements ("Results Contours > Show Displaced > Displaced Options") you can see if the parts are moving together or if one part passes through another.
  2. If you are not using smart bonding, then the mesh needs to be matched in order for the parts to be bonded. Therefore, there is one node shared by the elements across the parts. Use "Results Inquire > Inquire > Current Results" and draw a small rectangle around the "one node" shared by two parts. If the window shows one node, the parts are bonded. If it shows two nodes, the part is not bonded.
  3. If you are using smart bonding, then there will be a reaction force ("Results Contours > Other Results > Reactions > Reaction Force (Negative)") if the nodes are bonded.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

Message 5 of 6
romat1993
in reply to: John_Holtz

ok thanks you !

So, I don't need to use "smart bonded" because all these elements are bonded and by default the links are bonded in "contact" in FEA Editor.

you confirm ?

Message 6 of 6
John_Holtz

Yes. Parts are bonded if the meshes match.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report