Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Error Sim Mech 2017

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
shaun.chiasson
628 Views, 7 Replies

License Error Sim Mech 2017

Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?  I get it when opening Sim Mech 2017.  Complete reinstall failed to solve the problem.

Error.jpg

Thanks

Shaun

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Shaun,

What type of license do you have? A standalone license where you only enter the serial number upon installation or a network license where you point the software to a license server?

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 8

I do believe that it is a network license.  I have a single seat license for Sim Mech 2017 and CFD 2017.  The CFD is working.  I had the Sim Mech working before but something happened and now I can't get it running and nobody seems to know why.

Thanks

Shaun

Message 4 of 8

Hi Shaun,

Did you use the serial number ending in "641" when you installed the software? Did you generate a new network license file after you got your new subscription to Simulation Mechanical? It looks like you had a previously subscription, but it had lapsed so there would need to be a license file generator.

Regards,
Andrew

Message 5 of 8

There were previous versions on this computer that had lapsed in subscription.  This 2017 version was working and for some reason stopped.  I don't know how to generate a license or fix this.  Can you give instructions on how to get the software to work.  I've had CFD and Sim Mech for months now and have been plagued with problems and I am starting to lose patience.

Thanks

Shaun

Message 6 of 8

Hi,

Shaun and I resolved this problem by first running RegAll.bat as administrator, which is found in the installation direction (C:\program files\autodesk\simulation 2017). Then we ran Simulation Mechanical 2017 as administrator, and the software opened as expected.

Regards,

Andrew

Message 7 of 8

I went through and ran the RegAll.bat as administrator like you said, and then ran S.M. 2017 as administrator and I am still getting this error popping up. Any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 8
John_Holtz
in reply to: ccmatthews00

Hi @ccmatthews00

Sorry to hear about the start up problems. Let me ask a few questions to understand the situation.

1. Is this a new installation? Or had it been working but now is not working?
  2. Can you create a new user (a new account) on the computer that has full administrator rights. Does Sim Mech run in that situation?
  3. What type of license do you have? (Either a stand alone for Sim Mech to run on your one computer, or a network version so that Sim Mech on any computer will run) If a network version, is the license server computer (and the license) running?

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report