Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat Generation FEA calculation Question

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
GMac338
401 Views, 1 Reply

Heat Generation FEA calculation Question

Hello

I normally use Autodesk CFD, but I have a nice project I would like to use in Mechanical. 

My question is using the heat generation function in mechanical, is it nodal based or bulk parameter based. Another way of asking if the object is generating heat and heat generation is a function of temperature, and say a segment experiences temperature change does the whole part experience the heat generation change or is it local? 

Another example in case what I wrote is confusing. If I have an 800mm long bar and it generates heat, and the heat is a function of temperature. If the bar is cooled the generation will increase. Let's say under normal room convection and temperature conditions it 5 watts, (and temp is stable). If one end of the bar was cooled and our function says at this temperature increase to 10 watts, will the rest be affected by the immediate temperature change to produce 10 watts or stay at 5 watts? 

Thank you;

Gary 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: GMac338

Hi Gary,

The temperature dependent Heat Generation is calculated for each element, based on the average temperature of the element.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report