Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in the simulation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jjorgeri
282 Views, 3 Replies

Error in the simulation

Hello:

My name is Javier and I am trying to make a simulation. However when I press analyze, after a while it put me the next error:

0X6D Could not determine node count.

I have been looking on internet and I have found that it may be because of permissions. However I don´t have any idea about this. I have been able to do some simulations and this is the first time this error occurs.

Can anybody help me?

Many thanks,

Javier

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: jjorgeri

Hi Javier. Welcome to the Sim Mech forum.

It is not clear to me when the message "could not determine node count" occurs in your case. Does the error occur before the analysis starts, or during the analysis, or after the analysis completes and when it is trying to load the results into the Results environment? (If the analysis started or completed, there would be text shown in the output bar: "View > Visibility > User Interface > Output Bar".)

My guess is that the name of the model or folder where the model is stored has some character that the software is not reading properly. Here are a few questions to help us solve your problem.

1. What version of Sim Mech are you using?
  2. If this is a CAD model, did the mesh get created successfully for all of the parts? (Use the "Mesh > Mesh > View Mesh Results" and check each part.)
  3. Can you do a "Check Model" ("Analysis > Analysis > Check Model") to get into the Results environment?
  4. Where is your model stored? That is, what is the complete path of the folder?
  5. What is the name of your model?
  6. Try creating a new folder on the C: drive, such as C:\FEA. Open your model in Sim Mech and do a "Save As". Save it to the C:\FEA folder, and name it "test.fem". Run the analysis. Does this work?

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
jjorgeri
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hello:

First of all, many thanks.

The error occurs while it is running and after the error it turns into finished status. There is a message in the output bar, concerning the total actual har disk space used.

The second point, the meshing is sucessfully completed.

Third point I have tried also to click on check model. But it starts but no temperature is shown after the checking.

The version I am using is the student one. I am doing some simulaitions for the Uni.

I have also tried to change the name an put it a new folder, just in the desktop. However it didn´t work.

The file name is Sample 80mm, ti comes from a step file.

The storage place is the desktop .

Many thanks,

Javier

Message 4 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: jjorgeri

Hi Javier,

I think you need to review the complete solve log in the output bar (where it showed the hard disk usage) to see if there is a warning, an error, or neither of those. If there are no warning or errors, then the analysis probably completed successfully. (The other thing that you can do is view the folder where the model is stored, then go into the modelname.ds_data\design scenario folder and see if the results files exist. See the page in the documentation File Extensions.)

It sounds to me as if the analysis is running, but there may have been a problem getting into the Results environment. (Maybe a random problem?) If the "Results" environment tab is grayed out, then using the "Check Model" command is the quick way to get into the Results environment. (The other way to get into the Results environment is to run the analysis again.) If the results are calculated and you are able to get into the Results environment, you should be able to use the menus to view the results. Keep in mind that the results may not be shown by default if you use the "Check Model" to get into the Results.

For everyone's information, the reason that I suggested saving the model to a simple folder like C:\FEA is this: If there is a problem with the name of the model or the name of one of the folders that the model is under, saving the model to the desktop may not avoid the problem. The full name of the desktop is something like "C:\users\whatever your computer name is\Desktop". If your computer name includes some characters that are causing the problem, then saving the model "to the desktop" will not avoid the problem.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report