Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display grafic problem - Model turns after some seconds to black

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LostNameQuestion
981 Views, 3 Replies

Display grafic problem - Model turns after some seconds to black

Hallo community

I have got Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2015. It is running on a DELL Latitude E6540. The graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 8790M and Intel HD Graphics 4600. Processor is Intel i7 4800MQ 2.70GHz. Running on Win7 Ultimate.

When I load a model, it opens without any problem. After some seconds the model itself turns to black. If you pan and rotate the model you can see the different parts of the model with its different colours and the mesh. But after some seconds the model turns to black again.

I had a similar problem with the background colour which changed from light grey to dark grey after some seconds. I fixed this problem by changing the background colour in the opions of "Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2015".

Changing the shadows and lighting options didn't solve the problem.

I also tried to switch off the hardware acceleration option of the graphics card in the Windows 7 settings. Unfortunately this setting is not available.

Does anybody know how to solve the issue of the black model?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Jochen,

There has been some discussion in the past on this topic. If you search "rotate black" or "black screen" you'll see some of those discussions.

I have had the same problem in the past. My issue was that Simulation was not using the high-performance graphics card, rather the on-board Intel graphics, which seems to have some compatibility issues. In Simulation, go to Tools/Application Options/Graphics/Hardware and click information. It should show that you are using the AMD graphics card. Enable OpenGL acceleration should also be selected. If it shows that you are using another graphics card (e.g. Intel), then you should go to your AMD graphics card control panel and force the Autodesk Simulation app to use AMD graphics card (I set all my apps to use it - why not?), then restart Simulation. You may need administrative priveleges on your computer in order for Simulation to accept this change.

Stefan

Message 3 of 4

Hallo Stefan Thanks for your replay. Your tip solved the problem. I just selected to proper grafic card as "high performance and always ON". Thanks
Message 4 of 4

Verify that the BIOS and Video Drivers are installed. For more information refer to How to Use the Drivers and Downloads Website.

Test the LCD in the System Setup (BIOS).
Run the Laptop LCD Built-In Self Test (LCD BIST).
Connect to an external monitor (if available), for more information on the different types of external monitor ports that may be available on your computer refer to Dell Support Website.
Check for visible damage to the LCD.

you can refer to Dell Latitude E6540 Manual for more details. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report