Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Archive 2017 Error XceedZip

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mschroepfer
865 Views, 4 Replies

Creating Archive 2017 Error XceedZip

I upgraded to 2017 and now I cannot archive my models.

After I select create archive I receive the error message "Failed to load control 'XceedZip' from XceedZip.dll. Your verison of XceedZip.dll may be outdated.  Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

Then it tells me that it "Failed to create archive of the model'.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks,

Michael

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: mschroepfer

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about the archive problem. I could not find any information on this particular error, so you are entering new territory. Smiley Frustrated

Have you tried to reboot your computer or restarting Sim Mech? I am wondering if it is a "random" glitch. Otherwise, try these items to see if it clears up the problem:

Regall.bat

1. Use Windows Explorer to view the folder where Sim Mech is installed (usually C:\Program FIles\Autodesk\Simulation yyyy)
  2. Locate the file "regall.bat"
  3. Right-click on the file and choose "Run as administrator"
  4. A black command prompt window will appear as it is registering the files. When it completes, the window will disappear.
  5. Does the archive utility work now?

Sim Mech as Administrator

If regall.bat does not solve the problem, then try this:

1. Right-click on the shortcut used to start Sim Mech (either the command in the WIndows "Start > All Programs" or the icon on the desktop)
  2. Choose "Run as administrator"
  3. Does the archive utility work now?

If those do not fix the problem, then please let us know the following:

• What version of Windows are you using? (7? 10? etc)
  • What version of Sim Mech are you using? (2017? Something else)

In the meantime, you can use Windows compression utility or any other compression utility to zip the model (the .fem file) and the folder "modelname.ds_data". (The archive, the .ACH file, is a .zip format, so utilities that can read or create .zip files can view and extract .ACH files.)

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi @mschroepfer

Just wanted to see if you were able to try the ideas that I suggested.

Another thought that just came to mind is that perhaps the installation was not completely successful, or maybe something else got installed later that caused a conflict with the Xceed dll. (Let's blame a Windows update Smiley Wink). So if the previous suggestions do not fix the problem, the next test would be to uninstall and re-install the 2017 software.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 5
mschroepfer
in reply to: John_Holtz

I ran the regall.bat file.  The black command prompt window never disappeared.

I tried running the Simulation as an administrator but that did not work either.

I am using Windows 7.

I am using 2017.01.01.3184 of Simulation.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the software and that did not help either.

What should I do next?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
mschroepfer
in reply to: mschroepfer

I found the solution on a different forum.  I am posting it here so others can find it.

Thanks,
Michael

08/03/2012 8:30 PM

Running the Regall.bat file must  be done in a special way on Windows VISTA and 7:

• Access "START|PROGRAMS|Accessories", then right-click on "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator"
  • Change the director to the Algor installation directory:

cd "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation 2017\"

Then choose the <Enter> key on the keyboard.

• Run the regall.bat file from the command prompt:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation 2017\regall.bat"

Then choose the <Enter> key on the keyboard

This action will allow the batch file to run in the Simulation installation directory instead of the system32 directory and will finish in about 1 minute.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report