Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCSLIB-EXT Error Code -710

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cody.macneil
613 Views, 2 Replies

BCSLIB-EXT Error Code -710

Hello,

I am trying to do a modal analysis on a part and am continuing to get this error:

**** Error detected in the BCSLIB-EXT solver.
 **** Code:  -710
            Input/Output error.
            Possible reason: insufficient hard disk space.
            Suggestion: reset system enviroment variable TMP
            to a directory with larger hard disk space.

The part is on a drive that has 200 GB available and my software is on a drive that has 20 GB available. The mesh desity and number of elements shouldn't be enough to cause this kind of problem. Any advice on what is going on. I've attached the log and a picture of the part.

Thanks,

Cody

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhkang
in reply to: cody.macneil

BCSLIB-EXT: Use the Boeing advanced analysis engine sparse solver. The BCSLIB-EXT solver may write temporary files to the folder specified by the environment variable USERPROFILE. By default, this variable is set to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Username where C: is the drive on which the operating system is installed. The error numbers -701 or -804 returned from the BCSLIB-EXT solver means that it ran out of hard disk space for storing the temporary files. If this occurs, change the USERPROFILE variable to a directory that can provide sufficient hard disk space. (See the Windows Help and Support for documentation on changing environment variables.)

Message 3 of 3
marwan_azzam
in reply to: jhkang

Another reason might be that the model is not saved locally but rather on some network drive.

The path to the model is F:\Dropbox\ENG which looks like a location on the network.

If that's the case, move the model to the local hard drive and try again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report