Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis goes to "Scheduled" status when launched, and stays that way.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Madjerry
1026 Views, 5 Replies

Analysis goes to "Scheduled" status when launched, and stays that way.

Hi,

Whenever I "Run Simulation", the job goes to a "Scheduled" status, but never runs. I look at the details in Job Manager, and it says it is scheduled for the moment I launched it. 

This is part of mass deployed image, so it may have something to do with that? I have tried reinstalling but it did not help. 

When I shut down windows, Job Manager holds it open saying that it is still trying to submit jobs to the server. 

Help?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi MadJerry,

Can you go into the task manager and look for a service called Mechanical Job Server. Once you find that service, start and restart it and that should kick the job through.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 6

Nope. Its not the same as the "stuck in queued status" issue. I have tried
restarting the service. I have reinstalled Sim Mech and Job Manager. It
didn't help. I can cancel the jobs and resend them, but they go right to
"Scheduled", not "Queued".
Message 4 of 6

Hi Jerry,

Can you try deleting "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Mechanical Simulation Job Manager" and "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services"? You will need to have Simulation Mechanical and the Simulation Job Manager closed when doing this. To close the SJM, right-click on it's icon in the system tray (the white arrow next to the clock) and select exit.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 5 of 6

That did it. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
bryan_mcnatt
in reply to: Madjerry

Update ... This happened to me just now under version 2017.  The solution offered here worked, mostly.  I couldn't delete the Webservices folder entirely.  I tried in vain to find the process or service that was hanging on to some files there.  So, I deleted what I could and restarted.  All is well again.  For now. 🙂

Bryan McNatt, P.E.
MRD Engineering
www.mrd-engineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report