Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Sim Mechanical Install Missing files

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
975 Views, 11 Replies

2016 Sim Mechanical Install Missing files

The "Autodesk_Simuation_Mechanical_2016_Multilingual_Win_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe" was available on our subscription page.

I downloaded the 2.0 gb install file.  When I run it, it says "Product download consists of multiple files. At least one file is missing or has not been downloaded yet".

Only other files were the Valult file and the 12 mb install file that I assumed was used to download and install.  We had wanted the 2.0 gb file for several installs.

What file is needed in order to extract the files??

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

If you use IE, Chrome or Firefox, make sure that pop-up blockers are off.

This link will be valid for 7 days if you can't figure out the pop up settings;

http://efulfillment.autodesk.com/NET16SWDLD/2016/ASMES/DLM/Autodesk_Simulation_Mechanical_2016_Multi...

David Lau
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Files extract now. Thank You............jds
Message 4 of 12
democadeirl

I have the same problem...¡¡¡

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: democadeirl

If the link above is not valid for the second file, get tech support to give you a valid link. Both files needed. With SP1 out, links are probably different.
Message 6 of 12
itzjokerzgame

Please provide me with the link of extra files for"Autodesk_Simuation_Mechanical_2016_Multilingual_Win_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe"

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hi, I'm also having the same issue. The popup blockers are stopping the other parts downloading.

I've tried doing a chat with tech support and it just says connecting. Is anyone able to post a current link to the missing files? Thanks for your help,

Ben

Message 8 of 12
John_Holtz

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear about the problems with downloading the installation files. This method may work for you:

1. https://manage.autodesk.com and log into your account
  2. On the "All Products & Services" page (this may be the default page), scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Download Products".
  3. Select the year and change the option to "Browser Download" for the Autodesk Simulation Mechanical English, German.....

Does it download the two files?

If not, please confirm that you are trying to download version 2016.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John, Thanks for your reply. I've tried your steps. Still have the same error occurring. It is the 2016 version that I'm trying. There is only one file that downloads. Autodesk_Simulation_Mechanical_2016_Multilingual_Win_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe

Message 10 of 12
John_Holtz
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thanks John, after using these files, and my internet at home, not my schools. I got It to work. The only problem I'm having now is licencing.

When I go to activate it has an error.

Thanks for initiating your product activation. The system encountered a problem registering or activating your product. Please submit your registration information to us in a Customer Service request and an Autodesk representative will contact you.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks John

Message 12 of 12
John_Holtz

The people on the Installation & Licensing forum should be able to help with activating the product.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report