Community
SimStudio Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s SimStudio Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular SimStudio topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch on a surface problems

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Madjerry
533 Views, 6 Replies

Sketch on a surface problems

Hi,

Almost every time I request a sketch on a surface, I find I am not drawing on the surface I selected. Has anyone else run into this?

Example: I select Create Sketch, then I select the face of a part. The camera automatially "Looks at" the surface I selected, but the grid appears somewhere else (like a coordinate plane).

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Madjerry
in reply to: Madjerry

Screencast Link: http://autode.sk/2aYRxHK

Message 3 of 7
henderh

Hi Jerry,

We've seen this issue in the past, and fixed it.  It appears there must be something we missed when it comes to your model.

Would it be possible to share your dataset with us, to take a closer look?

Thank you for reporting this,

-Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 4 of 7
Madjerry
in reply to: henderh

Maybe, it's customer data I would have to check. 

You say it's been fixed? Maybe I'm not up to date. I am running build 1.1.1495.

This is not the only model I have seen this occur, I think it's every model I work with. 

Message 5 of 7
henderh

Hi Jerry, we discovered and fixed the issue in an in-development build before releasing build 1495. There has been no update released for Tools R2.

Do you still see the behavior, even if you create and build model from scratch?

Any model that exhibits the behavior will be useful for our investigation.

-Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Message 6 of 7
Madjerry
in reply to: henderh

See attached (also see screencast URL). 

I got this data from GrabCAD. I think the common thread in the data I am having issues with is Solidworks. 

I have not worked with the program much, other than with SWORKS data. I tried a model created from scratch and an Inventor 2016 model. They both seemed to work fine. 

Message 7 of 7
henderh

Hi Madjerry,

Thank you for providing the model.  I can reproduce it now, and have identified two other models that can show the issue (not all imported models are impacted).

An issue has been logged in our database as 5866, and Development has been contacted to look into this issue.

My apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.  We'll keep you in the loop of our progress for resolving it.

Best regards,

-Hugh

Hugh Henderson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report