Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightness goes to 0 after closing project

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JohnnyVanBogaert
1192 Views, 6 Replies

Brightness goes to 0 after closing project

I'm working with Showcase 2017. I have imported an Inventor 2016 IAM and some FXB-files After selecting materials to the objects all seems fine. But when i close the showcasefile and reopen it, all materials have a brightness 0 and imagefiles are inverted. This means all objects look black So then i have to go through all objects and change the brightness back to normal value. This takes a lot of time. I never had this problem in the previous versions of showcase

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I am having the same problem. 😞

Message 3 of 7
karl
in reply to: JohnnyVanBogaert

Yep - same problem here.

I see no one has chimed in with a solution, have either of you two found an answer to this yourselves?

Very annoying, very time consuming.

Message 4 of 7
jessica
in reply to: karl

Same problem - has anyone tried to go back to 2016?  Please fix autodesk!

Message 5 of 7
mgeurts
in reply to: jessica

It seems to be that Showcase is a dead end. There is plenty about on this forum

Inventor Professional 2021
3DS Max 2022
Win 10
Message 6 of 7

Goodmorning everyone
The problem described happened yesterday also on my PC and on a customer's PC. I solved this problem by copying the assetlibrary_base.adsklib file from the 2017 folder to the 2016 folder.
Autodesk Showcase 2017 uses the 2016 release material library. By replacing the file in the 2016 folder, Showcase 2017 returns to work properly, and the files where the modified materials with Brightness modified to 0 or texture inverted are corrected.
Procedure followed:
1. Copy the assetlibrary_base.adsklib file in the "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Common Files \ Autodesk Shared \ Materials \ 2017" folder
2. Paste the file into C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Common Files \ Autodesk Shared \ Materials \ 2016 "
Obviously with Showcase closed.
Restart Showcase.
Trials performed on 3 PCs, in addition to the client who confirmed the resolution of the problem

Message 7 of 7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report