Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Showcase - end of life ?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
climbernik
2452 Views, 12 Replies

Autodesk Showcase - end of life ?

Hello,

i find on internet this information: "Autodesk Showcase - end of life" (2017 version is last)

Please ? Autodesk Showcase is excellent software.

VRED is nice software or:

- do not have materials for many technical problems

- do not have nice Environment

- do not have hi-quality hardware render for quick view

- do not have many visual styles

- real time transformations texture is problem

we have many project in Showcase :O(((((

http://www.autodesk.com/products/showcase/overview

Petr

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Wapster
in reply to: climbernik

We are screwed Petr....

They force you into Max or V

As an Inventor user, working with Showcase was easy, with just enough features to make my work look great

Also the workflow options (from IV to Showcase) were a bless

Guess i have the start learning Max. IV Studio doesn't do it for me

Wap.

Message 3 of 13
climbernik
in reply to: Wapster

Max is super software for rendering and animation. Not easy for use. We use Showcase for technical projects, machine, build. Showcase presentation for this projects = 10 minutes. Max presentation = 5 hours. We test VR too. Nice for connection to VR (HTC Vive). Big problems is wrong GPU acc. project screen, connect to Autodesk materials, environment only for automotive. We have in Showcase 300 students projects. This software is easy for use in many projects. Autodesk do not have alternative for this super software for technical engineer now.

Message 4 of 13
climbernik

See below - 15 minutes work in students lesson - Showcase NOT HAVE SOFTWARE EQUVALENT in easy use and quick HQ presentations

sps01.jpgsps02.jpg

Message 5 of 13
Wapster

Totally agree.....

Message 6 of 13
DelavegaDesign
in reply to: Wapster

Message of the day : " On or after April 14, when you receive the new 2018 version of your AutoCAD Design, Building Design, Factory Design, or Product Design Suite, you will notice that Showcase will no longer be a component of your suite. "

Autodesk strikes again ! Such a simple program to use gets scrapped, yet I pay the same amount of money for my maintenance subscription for the Product Design Suite only to find that the new update doesn't include Showcase.

"Since Autodesk® remains committed to improving the quality and usability of in-product visualization workflows—and have introduced new cloud-based visualization technologies—we’ve made the decision to discontinue Autodesk® Showcase® software. This change will allow us to focus on bringing you even more modern, cloud-based workflows."....Really ???

Message 7 of 13
Wapster
in reply to: DelavegaDesign

Yeah.... they're funny aren't they Smiley Wink

But you're wrong. You don't pay the same amount of money.

You pay them at least 5% more (i know i did) Smiley Mad and you get less value

Fantastic business model don't you think

But i do understand them.

I heard Autodesk chairholders and investors are running short on keeping their yachts running .

So i'm glad i can help out for now, but i'm not sure how long i can keep this up.

Message 8 of 13
edonline69

It's truly a sad day to discontinue such a useful and simple(yet powerful) tool.

I found out about it last week through this youtube post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amsT7iAbrOI

I'm on 2016 Showcase but judging by all the glitches I'm finding about 2017 it seems Autodesk doesn't have the support or want to keep the software afloat.

My reseller told me that my PDSU will only come with 3d Max (no VRED) therefore that's what I'm going to have to brush up on.

Not looking forward to all that added time I will have to spend on creating new scenes from scratch.

Thanks Autodesk

Ed

Message 9 of 13
Mike.Hattingh
in reply to: edonline69

We will be very sad to say goodbye to Showcase. Awesome results from a simple yet powerful interface. I've tried playing around with 3DMax before - wasted a lot if time and got nowhere. I'm scared out of my mind to be forced back to using it.

Message 10 of 13
ar.haneen

@climbernik Wow! great one. Totally agree. Yes Definitely, Showcase is an awesome product for its fast UI and performance.

Haneen
Educator | NITC
Message 11 of 13
djen
in reply to: ar.haneen

Showcase provided a simple to use software for those which needed a rendering of their projects.   Showcase was simple to use and the results where good.  The company I work for provides simple renderings to give our customers a perspective of what we are providing.  Showcase served this need quite well.

Like others I have played with 3ds a bit.  My initial evaluation is that it takes what Showcase did in a simple fashion to provide good results and makes it complex. 

I does not appear that AutoDesk really understood why people where using Showcase versus the other options.

Message 12 of 13
S_May

Hi @climbernik,

Many talk about it and are sad but nothing seems to Change, 2018-showcase-fehlt

Message 13 of 13
damien.goyet
in reply to: S_May

I use showcase since the begining. it's a shame to take users hostage this way. We will have to look for an alternative that does not really exist and then reform all the staff! do you realize your stupid decisions? Will autodesk take care of all the shortfall? it is a scandal because you offer absolutely nothing in exchange. It is not even worth talking about Vred and 3Dmax that have a logic of another world. One thing is for sure is that let's get away from autodesk forever.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report