Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MILA Propagate alpha on refractive transmission

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
adambenson.vfx
345 Views, 0 Replies

MILA Propagate alpha on refractive transmission

I'm trying to get up to speed on the new MILA materials, and subsequently, I'm also attempting to use them in a production pipeline.  How better to learn than by doing?  Here's my problem:  The materials themselves seem to be working really well, except the refractive transparency.  To avoid any technical jargon symantics, let me just say, I am creating refractive glass with an IOR of 1.4 (doesn't really matter here).  The specific problem that I am having is with the ALPHA channel.  In the old MIA materials there was a checkbox, Propagate Alpha, which allowed the transparent effect to be created in the alpha as well as in the RGB channels.  That seems to be missing from the MILA materials.  So, how am I supposed to Propagate Alpha on the new MILA shaders?  This is EXTREMELY important feature to have.  Especially when it comes to the compositing phase.  I can not use a solid alpha on refractive glass that has other, non-refractive elements in, around, or in front of them.  Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Adam Benson

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report