Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mental ray darken textures

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
408 Views, 7 Replies

Mental ray darken textures

Hi,

I have the problem that while rendering in mental ray textures render a lot darker. I'm using .tiff and jpeg files textures on my characters. In the viewport the textures looks has they should. But when I render with mental ray everything becomes a lot darker. 

-I do have a lighting setup.

-In photoshop the textures in bright.

Please someone helllllp 😞

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
J450NP13
in reply to: Anonymous

Post the rendering.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: J450NP13

viewport_render.jpg

Message 4 of 8
J450NP13

Capture your render settings and show us or tell us.

What scale are you modeling on?

Message 5 of 8
J450NP13

I would say ramp up the lighting...but these guys may say check your color management.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I've played you the ligthing, and it's not it. I'm rendering quality and light quality at 0.2

I set the color management to RAW. It happens everytime I touch a texture in photoshop.

I've tried in tiff, jpeg. I'm don't really know my way around in rendering. Its the first time it happens to me. If I replace every texture for only material like lambert,phong or blinn, the colors are ok.

Message 7 of 8
damaggio

It's color management issue again, just search the forum for that, there has been new posts lately...see if this one helps.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/shading-lighting-and-rendering/maya-normal-mapping-problem/td-p/590815...

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: damaggio

Thanks for your replies.

I've looked around in my textures and found out that the color space of my texture file was in sRGB. And all of my color managment settings are in RAW. 

Now the textures render with the right colours.

Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report