Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mental Ray batch rendering substance textures as black

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aajohnson21
331 Views, 1 Reply

Mental Ray batch rendering substance textures as black

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with substance textures batch rendering in Maya 2015. I have automatice baking turned on for the substance textures, and single image renders come out perfect, but in both my current project and a test run, when I have keyed simulations that I need to batch render for, any object with a substance texture is black. I have no idea if "that's the way it is" or if I'm not selecting an option in my render settings or what, but Google has led me to dead end after dead end trying to find an answer as to why this would happen. The workflow is super smple. All that I've done is followed the linked article exacly and every time I get black textures on batch, and perfect "as expected" textures for single images. You can see the attachement where I've taken a single image from the batch where the terrain and doors/windows (all of which are substance textures) are black, and the lower image is a single render, which looks just fine. I would be greatful if anyone at all has the answer.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
telmog
in reply to: aajohnson21

I am having a very similar issue in Maya 2016. Substance textures come out black!

I am wondering if you ever found the solution to that problem?

Please let me know if so.

Telmog

jimsite@rogers.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report