Screencast Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Screencast Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Screencast topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start screencast

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
CCarreiras
476 Views, 7 Replies

Start screencast

Hi!

When a start my computer, sometimes screencast is there (icon is the systray, ready to fire)... sometimes not.

And when is not, i try to start it... in inventor, in the chronicle start folder, reinstalling... but it never start... this really sucks, because this is like a lottery... really annoying...

CCarreiras

EESignature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Carlos,

Sorry to hear that you've issues with  starting Screencast. What version of  Screencast/Chronicle are you using? Usually when you restart your machine, whether you open Inventor or not, Screencast would automatically start. When you manually log off or exit from Screencast, you need to open it either from the Desktop Screencast shortcut, or from Inventor - ribbon, located under 'Add-Ins'

What kind or error are you getting when you try to start from Inventor if screencast is not started? Can you provide us a screenshot of your error?

If you're still using older version ( Chronicle), we have a latest version of  "Screencast 1.4 " ( name has been changed to Screencast recently) available under screencast website screencast.autodesk.com.

Thanks,

Sree

Screencast QA

Autodesk, Inc.

1 Market Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94105

Message 3 of 8

Hi!
I'm using the latest version. Today i had Uninstall/install the application to try make it work, but without success...

There's no error message, it simply doesn't work.

Sometimes it starts and i have the icon in the systray and it works fine. I'm an Autodesk reseller technician I like the application and i use it a lot... when i can, when it works.

In task manager, in processes, i saw that the application starts a few seconds, but it just shutdown in a couple of seconds. I try to start it from icon, from inventor, but nothing.
Also, i saw in registry that it was a line saying HIDE, but i deleted this line, re-install, but nothing.
Also, i disconnect the firewall.
Also, i used to work in a domain with proxy, but i tried also in a normal internet connection , without firewall.
Also i'm logged in the site.
But sometimes it works fine!!

I can't understand why it starts sometimes and sometimes not.

Thanks.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the info, Carlos. Try this one more time. Uninstall Screencast, goto registry and remove folder/s with name "Screencast".  Install screencast again and see if it helps. 

Does the screencast work fine when you're inside your firewall or outside it? 

Most of the time, the Recorder will automatically detect and use the proxy settings that are configured in the Windows Control Panel, so in most cases you don't need to do anything. However, if you're using a proxy that requires authentication or manual configuration, we have detailed steps to configure screencast, in our FAQ page - https://screencast.autodesk.com/FAQ,  under topics - 

* How do I configure the Screencast Recorder to use a network proxy server?

* How do I configure my network firewall to work with Screencast?

Let's know if this helps to resolve your issue.

Thanks

Screencast QA

Autodesk, Inc.

San Francisco, CA 94105

Message 5 of 8
ideerge
in reply to: aknchronicleqa2

hello, similar but different problem.

I can no longer press the record button ever.

do you know why?

Message 6 of 8
ram.mummidi
in reply to: ideerge

You would need to have an application selected or some region (Full Screen, Main Display, Secondary Display or Capture Region) to enable the record button. Can you look at the application combo box and see what is the current selection and try changing it.

Thanks, --Ram

Ram Mummidi
Principal Engineer
Message 7 of 8

Hi ,

Another thing to check is the availability of free space on your disk. If you're out of disk space, the 'Record' button is disabled until you clear up some space for recording.

In this case, usually you'd need to free up some space to continue with recording. Let's us know if this is the issue you ran into.

Thanks,

Sree

Screencast

Autodesk, Inc.
San Francisco, CA 94105

Message 8 of 8
recap360
in reply to: aknchronicleqa

i have 18 GB free.
I removed and redownload screencast, it doesnt work, i think somehow it is related to the last video that i uploaded that was crying hard to get processed and uploaded to the server.. perhaps there is something in your record that stuck me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report