Screencast Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Screencast Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Screencast topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW RELEASE - Screencast Recorder v3.2 with 2018 Support

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ddeike
589 Views, 5 Replies

NEW RELEASE - Screencast Recorder v3.2 with 2018 Support

Hi,

Today we released a new Screencast recorder (WIndows version) update to support our 2018 product releases, inlcuding:

• Fusion 360 
  • Autodesk AutoCAD 2013-2018 family of products 
  • Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2013-2018 family of products 
  • Autodesk InfraWorks family of products
  • Autodesk Inventor 2014-2018 family of products 
  • Autodesk Inventor LT 2014-2018 family of products 
  • Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013-2018 family of products
  • and more.

Download the latest version here

NOTE: An issue with version 3.1 of the Screencast Recorder (released earlier this week) was discovered and fixed in v3.2. If you are using AutoCAD 2018 or AutoCAD LT 2018 with 3.1, your commands may not be properly recorded. 

Thanks,

Derek Deike

Product Manager - AKP

Screencast

Derek Deike
Product Manager
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ddeike

@ddeike

do I see it right that the SDK is still from July 2015 and nearly two years old? Are there any plans for an updated SDK?

Message 3 of 6
ddeike
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

We aren't actively developing Screencast beyond maintenance at this point, so there are no plans to update the SDK in the immediate future. 

Thanks, Derek

Derek Deike
Product Manager
Message 4 of 6
petebalf

Hi ddeike,
You mentioned no further development beyond maintenance. Naturally this concerns me. What does this mean as far as longterm use of it goes? Should I start to look elsewhere for my tutorial creation? Or can I assume the product is still ongoing at this stage?..As far as I am concerned it is a brilliant product, albeit with a few glitches and difficulties with easy linking/folders etc...Hypothetically, if the product was discontinued, I am hoping and would expect sufficient notice would be given, as I have buckets of reference and IP embedded in these and would need the opportunity to download and archive.
Message 5 of 6
ddeike
in reply to: petebalf

Hi Peter, 

Rest assured that Screencast isn't going anywhere soon! 🙂 We've just slowed down the release cycle for the time being. 

Best, Derek

Derek Deike
Product Manager
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Derek - I just wanted to give you some quick kudos - positive feedback that I very much appreciate the work you did to release this screencast tool.  It's just a terrific tool for giving feedback.   I just recorded this suggestion for A360 improvement - feedback for the A360 Windows Desktop Sync software.  

I'm not quite sure where the right place is to broadcast this idea so that the maximum number of people see it, but I wanted to tell you that your hard work on Screencast made it very easy for me to provide this suggestion.

My A360 suggestion at http://autode.sk/2rZmkwW

Cheers,

Ethan Lipman

Twitter: https://twitter.com/etlipman

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/etlipman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report