Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA Pro 2016 internal error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Mark_SHL
450 Views, 6 Replies

RSA Pro 2016 internal error

Hi, 

I've been successfully modelling the same building for sometime but following some structure changes and upon starting the calculations over a few weird things are happening.

The history is;

1.  When I initally went to open to the model to work on it RSA said the model was from a different version and asked to upgrade it - which I did - but it was not.  

2.  When I went to run the model it gave me the attached message.

3.  Following this it would not save and warned me data would be lost...and it was.  Upon opening the file in repair mode the walls and floor panels were deleted with only the finite elements remaining.  The bars were unaffected.

4.  After rebuilding the model's walls and floors (grrrrrr) I reapplied the loads, ran the model and the same message appeared.  This message happened following the self weight of the structure being applied.  Which I note did note happen automatically as normal.  I had to apply self weight manually.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Mark (all the way from New Zealand)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Mark_SHL

I'm very sorry that this happened. Do you still have the original model from before the 1st point? If so could you attach it as well as the current model please? 

Such situation may happen when you do the following:

- open the file from older version of RSA in the newer one

- save in the newer one

- opening in the older one

but from your description it doesn't look like being done.

Have you use phases in your model? 

Which I note did note happen automatically as normal.  I had to apply self weight manually.

This is done automatically when you create a first load case. If you then e.g. delete this load case or remove self-weight load record from the table you need to redefine it manually. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Mark,

One more question: do you open the file (and save it) from your local drive or from a network location? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 7
Mark_SHL
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

>From a network location.

Kind regards,

Mark Sullivan

[Description: SHL email signature logo]

BE CPEng MIPENZ.

p :

(09) 839 7044

f :

(09) 835 4791

m :

021 117 4436

Side Entry, Level 1, 2 Waipareira Ave, Henderson, Auckland. 0610

www.sullivanhall.co.nz

Disclaimer
The information and attachments in this electronic communication are the views of the author and may
not reflect the views of Sullivan Hall Chartered Engineers. Any attached files are provided on the basis
that the recipient and the end user assumes full responsibility for any consequence or damage (directly
or indirectly) as a result of this communication or any of its attachments.

Confidentiality
Information contained with this electronic communication is confidential. Any electronic communication
and its attachments may not be forwarded on to any third party without the expressed permission of
Sullivan Hall Chartered Engineers. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it and
contact us by return email.
Message 5 of 7
Mark_SHL
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur,

As requested; stage 1 and stage 2 models, in zipped file attached. Saved without results.

Stage 1 is the model I worked on without issue.

Stage 2 was opened this morning from a back-up file after yesterdays fiasco. I immediately deleted the self-weight and ran calculations. Which it did successfully.

In response to your email, no, I do not believe I have used 'phases' in the model. But I am unfamiliar with this term. Please elaborate.

Kind regards,

Mark Sullivan

[Description: SHL email signature logo]

BE CPEng MIPENZ.

p :

(09) 839 7044

f :

(09) 835 4791

m :

021 117 4436

Side Entry, Level 1, 2 Waipareira Ave, Henderson, Auckland. 0610

www.sullivanhall.co.nz

Disclaimer
The information and attachments in this electronic communication are the views of the author and may
not reflect the views of Sullivan Hall Chartered Engineers. Any attached files are provided on the basis
that the recipient and the end user assumes full responsibility for any consequence or damage (directly
or indirectly) as a result of this communication or any of its attachments.

Confidentiality
Information contained with this electronic communication is confidential. Any electronic communication
and its attachments may not be forwarded on to any third party without the expressed permission of
Sullivan Hall Chartered Engineers. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it and
contact us by return email.
Message 6 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Mark,

It seems that the files were too large to be attached directly however as you opened the file from a network location what might have happened was some lack of connectivity with the network drive while you were working with the model which Robot is very sensitive too. I strongly recommend to adopt the following approach:

1. Copy the file from a network derive to your local one before opening it in RSA

2. Open the file from the local drive

3. Save the file on the local drive

4. Copy it to the network

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

Dear Sir,

I am having the same problem.
In fact , I saved the file rtd  (RSAP 2020)  , up to now it is not working.

Here is the link 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f2egk1d1hac8fif/Error.rtd/file

Please give me some solutions 

Best regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums