Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

openings not copied with slab

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
sirkris
527 Views, 11 Replies

openings not copied with slab

I have a structure, which I copied and openings have not been copied.

Instead of them there are contours, but for some reasons I cannot use them  to create openings.

Could you advice, what is a problem?   (I copied in past some slabs and they have been copied with openings)

File:   https://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=CNEXNWVEFSUANEE

19.PNG

Also, I have planar free load on surface ( irregular shape of load plane), which also has not been copied.

As I understand the reason is that such load is tied with points in 3D space and not with any structural objects.

Is there any way to copy such load or relate it to structural elements to make possibly copying?  If I have 30 storey building and I need to copy floors, do I really need to apply such loads for each floor separately?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: sirkris

sirkris wrote:

I have a structure, which I copied and openings have not been copied.

Instead of them there are contours, but for some reasons I cannot use them  to create openings.

Openings are copied but dispaleyd without transparency

MOvie how to correct it. http://screencast.com/t/jmRIvuEfR

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

Also, I have planar free load on surface ( irregular shape of load plane), which also has not been copied.

As I understand the reason is that such load is tied with points in 3D space and not with any structural objects.

Is there any way to copy such load or relate it to structural elements to make possibly copying?  

No, you can define slab from smaller panels corresponding to loads contours then assing loads to these panels.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 12
sirkris
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks Rafal,

Below the picture where I shown structure where copied openings are shown in randomized way.  Some of them are  shown correct, some not. As there is no clear rule about copied openings display , I suggest to ask your programmers to look for a bug in display procedures.

20.PNG

Message 5 of 12
sirkris

Unfortunately in attached file I cannot repair copied openigs by moving slab.

https://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=CNEXNWVEFSUANEE

Message 6 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda
Message 7 of 12
sirkris

I repaired openings in first file I sent, but in the second I sent  , not all openings have been repaired.

Naive question: why Robot  does not control rounding of coordinates after copying ?

Message 8 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

Naive question: why Robot  does not control rounding of coordinates after copying ?

It does.

I use this macro just "to touch" geometry to refresh background display

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 12
sirkris

It does.

I am confused:

Robot does not show openings correctly  after copying. (They are even not shown in object inspector).  For me that means that there is a bug in your software.

To repair  them I need to   " move one of slab corners "  or  run your external roundig exe file. (which did not repair all of my openings).

And you say that Robot has control. I cannot see logics. 

Message 10 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

opeing.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 12
sirkris

I do not understand your picture.

Refer to my first picture. I had 4 openings and only two were shown in object inspector,  Robot did not recognize openings - they were not shown in object inspector.  And as I wrote before "touching geometry" did not help. Even after running your exe file some openings were not repaired in my second model. 

Message 12 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

What about accuracy in your model? Not precise.

Movie : http://screencast.com/t/S0UYSeSl

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report