Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very high displacement on single solids

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
390 Views, 1 Reply

Very high displacement on single solids

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to determine the overall stress applied from a stone roof at an archaeological site, but I am having trouble with some recurring errors in my models.

As you can see in the image, some elements of the site (of which I only have the foundations for now) have exceptionally high displacement (and stress/strain). This should not be the case, as each stone is practically the same and has the same loads applied to them (only self load).

I also get some errors during calculation. I managed to fix an incoherent edge error, but I have separate structure errors and instability errors that I can't find a solution for.

To make the models I have been creating polygon lines and then making them into panels and extruding them.

I am sorry if this is a complicated or very simple problem to solve. My background is in archaeology and although I make 3D reconstructions, this is entirely a different ballgame.

Thanks for the help!

Rob

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Anonymous

Giant displacements are due to instabilities on your model . Have you assigned any supports?

Try checking  webinar 16 about instabilities on Build your Robot Structural Analysis IQ - YouTube 

Separated structure warning is no big deal if it is intended to be separated

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report