Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steel design calculations configuration

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
827 Views, 9 Replies

steel design calculations configuration

Here, When I click on Configuration option in steel design calculations, we have a Configuration dialogue,

we have an option - components of complex bars - what does it mean xactly? can yu provide me some specific xample or an image where I can understand which components does it mean and what does it mean by complex bars?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
vanvan11
in reply to: Anonymous

hi the comlex bars are bars with complex sections man

and the complex section is combination of bar made from 2 or more sections or different tipes of sec

the simplest examplle in my head is 2xUPN in one bar (there is many more not so simple complexbars and robot aks what about calc the bar like one element or calc every component of taht complex bar ...

i think that is what u ask about complex bars and the components which are they made from

tall me if my solution is ok for you\

sorry for my bad engl

eng Ivan Georgiev

ps if u cant understant still you can google complex sections in robot strucktural and see what i mean 

or

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/robot-structural-analysis-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHel...

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/robot-structural-analysis-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHel...

Message 3 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Let's assume that you want to design a beam but for some reasons you modelled it as a chain of e.g. 3 smaller elements instead as a single bar. To correctly design it you created a "superbar" which is in the dialog you refer to named a complex bar. Of course in such situation there is no point to design its components (these 3 smaller elements) too.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 10
vanvan11
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

10x for extra info Artur

can i ask 2x UPN is complex bar?

Message 5 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: vanvan11

What do you mean by a complex bar exactly?  A superbar, a column with two separate C shapes connected with e.g. battens, a structural pipe from C shapes welded together?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 10
vanvan11

I mean tube formed from 2 C  welded together yes is that complex bar?

the another type whit separate C profil (more then 2 profils in one bar) i model every time like separated elements not like superbar couse dont know how 

10x

Ivan Georgiev

only way i know is to make compound section (is compound section mean complex section)

Message 7 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

@vanvan11 wrote:

I mean tube formed from 2 C  welded together yes is that complex bar?

No, it is not. It is just a standard bar with this type of cross section:

2C.PNG

the another type whit separate C profil (more then 2 profils in one bar) i model every time like separated elements not like superbar couse dont know how 

What is it a column or a beam? Could you make an isometric sketch of this column / beam?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 10
vanvan11

i mean columns with battens

beams mb is smilar way to do but with lattice

Message 9 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Please check:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/built-up-columns-with-four-angles-complex-se...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 10
vanvan11

10x Artur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report