Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel Connection Design: Inconsistent Load Reported, Non-zero Utilization?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
565 Views, 9 Replies

Steel Connection Design: Inconsistent Load Reported, Non-zero Utilization?

The image below is quite self-explanatory: 

Using the steel connection designer, the force in the element is not zero, and the output recognizes that fact; however, the comparison section of the connection output shows zero for the action compared to the capacity, while also showing a high utilization ratio. Glitch?

Design Checker Output.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mike,

Could you attach the file with this connection? It can be just the selection of these two bars saved as the substructure in case you can't attach the entire model. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I've attached the Robot file. Note that it's just a connection in the Steel Connections Module - i.e. not taken from a wider structural model. I performed the manual check option.

Message 4 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Mike,

Unless I 'm looking at the wrong place or it is not the right file I can't see this issue on my computer. Which version of Robot do you have installed? 

FEd.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Artur,
It's Version 30.0.2.5964 (x64)
I think the screenshot already shows that it's under the heading, "Bolts Connecting Angle with Beam", so if you're in that section then you're in the right place.
Cheers.
Message 6 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Mike,

Could you run verification of this connection again and then being on the Note tab export it to Word using the button located at the left bottom part of the Robot window. Assuming that you still have zero there could you attach it? Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I had to zip it because the forum wouldn't let me post the output .mht file (the format that Word saves the output to), but it's in the attachment.

Thanks Artur.

Message 8 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Mike,

Looking at the file you sent my assumption is that you generate the simplified note. Could you check if you have the correct value when you generate a full one?

full note.PNG\

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Artur,

Sorry for the long delay. I confirmed this morning: if I don't select the Simplified Note, then the right number is shown in the F_ED <= F_v,RD comparison. So the simplified note is the culprit. Is this just a bug?

Message 10 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Mike,

Indeed it should be corrected. I have forwarded this information to the development team. Thank you for notifying us about this situation.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report