Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 73
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
11548 Views, 72 Replies

Robot 2018

Any news about Robot 2018?

Do you know what's new in the 2018's version?

Gustavo

72 REPLIES 72
Message 2 of 73

You have to wait for a while_)

Message 3 of 73

Most likely April

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 73

I have nothing to say... Maybe only "rest in peace Robot?"

What's New in Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2018

The focus of this release was to improve performance and fix issues.

Here is the list of performance improvements in Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2018.

Simulation and Analyses

• You can perform calculations of models including RC columns and over 32 000 combinations.
  • On computers with multicore processors, calculations of column reinforcement are performed faster.

The acceleration is proportional to the number of cores. To perform calculations faster, the Parallel processing - multiprocessing option must be selected (a default setting). To access this option, select Tools Preferences Advanced.

Other Improvements

In the RC design modules and the Connection Design module, the contents display correctly when you select the Medium or Larger option from the Display settings.

Fixed Issues

View the list of issues fixed in Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2018 to learn the details.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 5 of 73
Jummybear
in reply to: Romanich

Sad, very sad. No real improvements in Robot and also no React... Seems like Autodesk going to lose its users/clients in some time in the sector of strctural calculation. Unfortunately for us, engineers and users of Robot, I think that Autodesk Inc. can afford to itself to lose this segment of market without significiant lose of profit. They have bought a lot of competitors and have a lot of other software to sell and get profit (Autocad, Revit, Maya, 3Ds Max, different cloud based solutions etc) so I think the piece of pie that Robot takes is negligible compared to other software. Thats only my point of view, I would really like to be wrong but...

Message 6 of 73

Roman,
Very very sad specially for the long time users like us and many many orhers!!!
But ,anyway, after the announce of REACT, this was expected.
I was bothered to have to adapt to using "autocad" way of creating/editing a model but I could live with that if React brought us some real improvements in terms of new and advanced analysis and some other things (codes!!!!) that are missing in Robot.
But where is REACT now? I am anxious to know what is the Autodesk strategy for us on that "BIM and BEAM" blog!!
I can't believe they will also abandon REACT!!
There's no logic!
Robot seems to be doomed. I sadly have no hopes for it anymore.
Let's wait and see if Autodesk REACTs and give us ,Robot users, some good news for the near future

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 73

Very disappointing news. I cannot believe Autodesk is loosing the feet under the ground in structural analysis market.
I wish Robot was still in Robobat's hands. Those guys were really great.
Message 8 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: gustavo_c_vasconcellos

:glowing_star: out now !

dl: https://tinyurl.com/mtf7m6a

P671.png

Message 9 of 73

Rafael,

and I have just renewed my Robot's license!!!

Gustavo

Message 10 of 73
RobertoPalladino

Hi Romanich,

I start to use Robot in 1993, as you probably know at that time (DOS version)  Robot was one of the BEST international structural software on the market comparable and better than STRAUS (or STRAND) or others (really not a lot)  similar products.

In ALL the past eight years Autodesk has not had the courage, (the ability?) the resources??? to completely redesign the software to mantain Robot as a valid competitor among DLUBAL, SCIA ENGINEER, SAP2000, STRAUS etc.

Really usable Pushover analysis? NA

Masonry structures? NA

NON LINEAR material? NA

Real usable Solid Element? NA

Graphical quality improvement and visualization? NA

I prefer to finish my list here.......

Don't forget that Autodesk has in the product list GRAITEC ADVANCE!!! In the past years  this was the main competitor of Robot in the France market (at that time knowed as EFFEL).

In my honest opinion I think Robot was already dead almost six years ago....the question is: the replacement of Robot is called Advance or React or an artificial structural analysis appendix inside Revit?

I apologize for these hard words but, trust me, I was a REAL estimator of this structural analysis software......thanks a lot Autodesk!!.....and Bye bye Robot it was a pleasure.....Smiley Sad

Roberto

Message 11 of 73

AUTODESK OUGHT TO REFUND ALL CUSTOMERS FOR AT LEAST THE LAST THREE YEARS DURING WHICH NO IMPROVEMENT WAS BROUGHT TO ROBOT...

I WISH THEY RETURN THE SOFTWARE BACK TO ROBOBAT...

THIS IS TRULY SAD AND NOT HONEST...

Message 12 of 73

Autodesk now in big crisis, it spent money to redeem own shares, it debt rose to $2 billion, a share capital has decreased for 900 million for a year. It can't hire more employees, moves them from less important projects to more important ones.

Message 13 of 73

What do you think, will they release React Structure in this situation?

Message 14 of 73

No Idea!

I don't see anymore information at BIM and Beam site (the last one, I believe, it was the Preview 3 - February 2016), and I didn' see anything at AU in Vegas 2016.

Gustavo

Message 15 of 73

Hi Admin

I really dissapointed about new robot 2018. I saw ideal topic  lot of ideal. But It just be ideal topic.

Best Regards

Fan Robot Analyse

Message 16 of 73
Romanich
in reply to: RobertoPalladino

welcome2008.png

Autocad Structural Detailing (ex RCAD) - dead

CBS Pro - dead

ESOP - dead

Robot - almost dead

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 17 of 73

Don't forget the good Robot Expert= Dead
😞
This autodesk letter = pure empty marketing talk
Sad...

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 18 of 73
FADIACHKAR4543

THIS IS TOTALLY NOT HONEST...

AUTODESK IS THROWING OUT OF THE WINDOW A 15+ YEARS OF INVESTMENT IN A SOFTWARE...

IN ADDITION, ALL THE DESIGN SETUP IS ORIENTED AROUND ROBOT, NOW MOVING TO ANOTHER SOFTWARE WILL CAUSE MORE FINANCIAL LOSSES AND HAVE IMPLICATIONS ON OUR OFFICE, WHICH IS VERY HARMFUL, ESPECIALLY IN THESE BAD ECONOMICAL DAYS...

THIS IS TRULY FRUSTRATING...

Message 19 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: FADIACHKAR4543

Dear Autodesk Supports,

We urge you to give us a structural roadmap as provided for the Revit software showing the strategy of the structural development (if exist) 

in order to take the adequate decision and the necessary measurements to avoid sudden stop of the robot software which can disturb the whole  structural design process.

As I can see in the Autodesk products updates,  the great updates concern Revit, Fusion 360, Cloud based software.... with no real improvement in the structural design software since Revit cannot be alone an alternative of Robot.

We built great hopes on the development of the new React software based on the Robot Core module which was stopped without any clarifications.

Dear Supports your clarifications are very essential this time, since we put our trust in Robot and Autodesk over years in our structural design process.

Thank you in advance.

Wassim Said

Structural engineer.

Message 20 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No money, no funny. What's next? Ohhhh..... Revit! Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report