Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinforcement in one layer but not in axis

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
damianbiel
308 Views, 6 Replies

Reinforcement in one layer but not in axis

Hello!

1. How can I create a single reinforcement which would be placed not in the axis of a wall, but near the edge ?

2. II would like to create a single almost-vertical reinforcement covered by 4 cm of concrete (from the exterior). What reinforcement direction should be taken? The wall is not perfectly vertical.

reinforcement.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

1. How can I create a single reinforcement which would be placed not in the axis of a wall, but near the edge ?

Robot will always calculate both top/right and bottom/left reinforcement. 

2. II would like to create a single almost-vertical reinforcement covered by 4 cm of concrete (from the exterior). What reinforcement direction should be taken? The wall is not perfectly vertical.

Set it as the global Z.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

Robot will always calculate both top/right and bottom/left reinforcement. 

Ok, but there is a possibility to create a single reinforcement in the axis. I was wondering if I could move it to the one of the edges without duplicating it on the other side.

Message 4 of 7

True but for tension/compression only (no bending). Looking at your picture I assumed you actually have bending in what looks like a sort of retaining wall. Am I correct?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7

Presented wall has such a complicated shape, because it is a chimney's segment. That's exacly what I want prepare for analysis (so there is neither tension/compression nor bending presented). I attach the project.

The problem is that I cannot model single reinforcement that is not placed in the wall centre.

This chimney has only "external" reinforcement hidden 4 cm under the edge. There is no reinforcement closer to the centre.

Message 6 of 7

Such reinforcement arrangement is not supported in Robot but as I wrote if the reinforcement at the other (top) side is not needed its value will be calculated as zero.

Try:

zbrojenie.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

Ok, I understood, thank you, dziękuję!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report