Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced Panel Results and Global Overturning Moments

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rb_s-90-k
261 Views, 2 Replies

Reduced Panel Results and Global Overturning Moments

Hi, 

Silly query but I have created a test model attached. I have applied 500kN at a height of 2.1m = i.e. 1050kNm overall moment.

I am trying to use the panel results to calculate the overall overturning moment but I am not getting the same answer. Have I misinterpreted the Robot results anywhere? From what I have read the overturning moment is at 0,0,0 i.e. Centre of gravity?  see below. 

Could someone clarify this?

Untitled.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafacascudo
in reply to: rb_s-90-k

Lever arm for TRy is Zero as it is applied at the level of the cut which is at the wall base. So just sum NRx X lever arms + moments MRz.

It will give you around 1003,9 kN.m which is the same value you will get setting a panel cut(Results/panel cuts) at base level and asking for Reduced results on Cuts tab.

Results will come closer to perfect 1050kN.m as you set a finer mesh . with a 5cm mesh size you will get 1039kN.m

Rafacascudo_0-1715725286632.png

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
rb_s-90-k
in reply to: rb_s-90-k

Thanks @Rafacascudo . Makes sense. Okay so it is mesh sensitive. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report