Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading IFC file in Robot or any other structural analysis tool

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MOJTABA256
486 Views, 2 Replies

Reading IFC file in Robot or any other structural analysis tool

Hello

I simulated a building in Revit structure 2016. I created some new objects and attached them to the building's elements. Then I created some project parameters for these object. After that I exported the revit file as an IFC file. I opened the IFC file and added some values to the parameters which I created in Revit. Till here everything was Ok. But when I opened the IFC file in Robot structural analysis, I couldn't see the new objects (specialty equipment categories) and their parameters in Robot. Could u please tell me how these data can be appeared in a structural analysis tool for further analysis? 

If it cannot be appeared in Robot, is there any structural analysis software which is able to read and show the user-defined ifc property sets and their values?

Thank u so much in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafacascudo
in reply to: MOJTABA256

Robot only reads data related to beams , columms, slabs and walls

Rafael Medeiros
Robot Structural Analysis

Message 3 of 3
MOJTABA256
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Thanks. Do you know whether there is any structural analysis software which is able to do it? I mean which structural analysis tools can read all elements from an IFC file? Thanx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report