Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC wall minimum spacing

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
466 Views, 1 Reply

RC wall minimum spacing

Hi I need help in changing the material in the RC component inspector section. i have tried everything I cant seem to change the concrete class to C35. I also keep getting an error for my slab reinforcement that states that: The concrete strength does not fulfill the code requirements concerning the exposure class: 24 MPa < 25 MPa - E.1(2). please see attached images and my document. I also can't figure out how to make the minimum spacing of the reinforced bar 100mm without generating error.

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Krzysztof_Wasik
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

I would recommend the following steps to improve results.

1. Correct your model geometry and mesh model again

Model is not defined precisely. Walls are not defined along bottom panel edges. It results in meshing issue and internal forces distribution then big reinforcement calculated. Structure is regular and mesh should be regular as well.

Example not precisely defined model

vvv.PNG

Mesh 

mesh.PNG

2. In Reinforcement type go to Material tab and check Material as in a structure model. Program will take C35 for reinforcement calculation.

mat.PNG

3. In reinforcement type go to SLS tab and Allow non linear creep for reinforcement calculation.

vvvv.PNG

4. Calculate structure,

5. Calculate required reinforcement and then

6. Calculate provided reinforcement.

Actually maximal required reinforcement calculated in your model is about 470 cm2/m

actual.PNG

After modifications it should be much smaller.

Krzysztof Wasik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report