Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling tensile structures in Robot

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
672 Views, 1 Reply

Modelling tensile structures in Robot

Hi there,

I am trying to model a cable structure where cables are forming a net (see attached model). At the moment I applied 0kN pretension to see the maximum deformation.

At the moment the solution is not converging but I am not sure if it is a design or a modelling error I am doing.

I tried using the N-R algorithm but I am getting convergence issues and lots of instabilities. I also tried to use the arc-length algorithm specifying the vertical displacement of a single node (node 181) but still not working (error 5000). Things don't improve even if pretension is added. Attached are both models.

Is the rope stiffness and pretension the reason why I am getting all this?

Also is there a way (different element) I can use so that Robot doesn't create a hinge when I divide a cable in two parts?

Thanks in advance.

Dim

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

You need to be careful how you define cables. The cable don't have any rotational stiffness by default.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report