Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modal Analysis with cables or tension only bars

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ben.hastings
505 Views, 2 Replies

Modal Analysis with cables or tension only bars

Hi,

I'm just wondering whether there are any special considerations to make when running a modal analysis with cables or tension only members modelled?

This is a feature stairs with hangers supporting the landings, and I'm going to model something simplistic with the hangers as either tension only members or cables.

I just want to get an idea of the natural frequency for various combinations of geometry.

Thanks.

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The calculations will be based on the stiffness matrix as obtained for the load case defined directly before the modal one. The vibrations are limited to 'small ones' around the equilibrium state of a cable/tension only bar so neither 'swinging' from side to side nor switching off tension only bars that would in such case be in compression and activating these that would be in tension (and were switched off for the preceding load case.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

Thanks a lot for this Artur.

Ben.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report