Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map values on coordinates

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
RRufino
584 Views, 5 Replies

Map values on coordinates

Dear all,

Can anybody give some tips to improove efficency on the following:

- Please see this video http://autode.sk/1JIfnHe

- To this panel (floor slab) i got extreme Mx+ = 63,18 kNm but on that edge it exists a wall with 0,50m thickness so i want to see Mx at 0,25m "below" extreme point

- On this video i saw extreme point coordinates (using referencial on lower right corner), then i try to find manually and moving mouse cursor to the point at 0,25m. Here i pick the point and get Mx on characteristic point.

In this project i have several structures with big thickness walls and on final structure design reports we have to show bending maps with exact same bending value that we use on our excel spreedsheets...so this is very tiring and slow, can you give some help? Is there some macro to this quickly?

Thanks in advance,

RR

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jivko.mitev
in reply to: RRufino

place some nodes "by hand" where you need. Remember nodes' numbers and open table "Results in plates and shells". Filter results by node numbers. Notice that if the node is on the boundary of two pannels, you will see results for both panels.

01.png

Message 3 of 6
RRufino
in reply to: jivko.mitev

Thanks jivko.mitev.

In fact is a great idea, i just have two issues with that option:

- i think that this new nodes have to belong to finite elements, which could affect mesh quality

- bending maps don't display force on that nodes (as i said i need to put maps images on design report)

Any other tips&tricks?

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Will this work for you?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/post-processing-of-stress-results-in-panel/m...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
RRufino
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks Artur, if i understood correctly that way follow the basis of jivko.mitev method, i.e., needs points belonging to mesh, right?

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Correct. Otherwise you may force meshing to have a center of surface element in the location you need and display values there instead. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report