Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define Expected Yield Strength in ARSA 2020?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mobin.sami
1218 Views, 3 Replies

How to define Expected Yield Strength in ARSA 2020?

Hey there.

I'm a beginner user of Robot Structural Analysis Pro 2020 and I'm gonna define Expected Yield Strength for my Rebars.

As we do in Csi Etabs, I'm going to know is that possible or not?

I that possible to define Tensile Strength for a rebar?

Best Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Simau
in reply to: mobin.sami

@mobin.sami 

Tools> Job Preferences

database.jpg

M. Agayr
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mobin.sami
in reply to: Simau

Thanks for your reply.

So you mean that the factor I used in the attached photo (which is highlighted), will increase the Fy and Fu to make sure that the Plastic Hinge will be produced for our structure?

Since I live in Iran, our RC Structures Code says that we have to increase the Yield Strength and Ultimate Strength of the rebar by 1.25 to make sure that the Plastic Hinge will occur as a Safety Factor.

In other words, Robot will increase the Fy by 1.25 and also Fu by 1.25 to use in the Analysis. Right?

Message 4 of 4
Simau
in reply to: mobin.sami

Hi @mobin.sami 

No, i don't think so.

This is a reduction coefficient applied to Fy for certain checks relating to the shear force.
For example according to French rules CM66 this factor is 1.54, then the shear stress must be less than Fy / 1.54

Please take a look to this help page:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-29FD7A15-DFFF-4721-B49E-3B5E9207D8F2

M. Agayr
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report