Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Isolated Node errors and Instability (1 type)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
613 Views, 2 Replies

Getting Isolated Node errors and Instability (1 type)

Hi,

I am a student using RSA for the first time and I have constructed a pratt truss bridge simulation using a tutorial online. The bridge is in S275 steel with various different steel section members depending on the part of the bridge. I am tasked with applying weather related loads on my bridge until failure (my project is Transport Infrastructure and climate change) and I need to find out how infrastructure can be evolved to be suitable for any future drastic climate change. This means I will be using primarily the seismic, temperature, wind, and snow loads on my bridge. I've learned how to apply the loads but I am getting isolated node warnings on my bridge and my supervisor is wondering if these warnings will affect the overall outcome of the bridge if it fails due to a certain load. I've removed all the weather loads before uploading the project file for simplicity's sake but have kept the live and dead loads.

I've attached a screenshot of my results window after simulation along with the file itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

The bridge file currently has no loads on it apart from a live load and dead load and EN1993 combinations.

Labels (6)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Simau
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

You can't ignore type 1 instablity, take a look at the huge displacements you'll get.

This is a workaround:

- Delete node 21

- Select all your bars and delete releases

-Select all diagonals and set them as truss

Truss diags.png

- Change supports configuration

Roller.png

Hinge.png

Model attached

M. Agayr
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Simau

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report