Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export internal forces as forces to other model

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alexandre.fonseca
212 Views, 3 Replies

Export internal forces as forces to other model

Hello,

I've designed a steel structure for Germany that can be basically described as a framed structure with various levels. We modelled the entire structure in Robot and took advantage of the all-leves to horizontally brace the columns. In terms of calculation notes, my client needs me to present the top-level structure separated from the lower levels in such a way that the structural inspector can perform its own structure models and verifications.

One of the demands from the inspector is that we must grafically show the forces that are transmited from the lower structures to the upper level columns. The only way I see to do this is to pick up the internal forces table from the beams connected to each column node and sum the values, taking into account that I have beams that converge in the node by the X ao Y axis. Them load these internal as forces in a separated model withou the lower structure to make screenshots of the values.

My questions are:

• Has anyone faced a request like this one?
  • How did you solved it? 
  • Is there any macro that can help me?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

HI @alexandre.fonseca 

Converting the forces of a collection of bars into a node already exists in the useful add-ins. You can draw inspiration from them.

See :

• Addin: convert bar's forces to node forces
  • Addin for changing bar forces with node generated load onto no node load.
  • Addin for creating load cases basing on load records from another case

Best regards

Message 3 of 4

@Stephane.kapetanovic thank you for the reply. The addins are not a direct awnser to my need but throuth them I found a macro that helps doing the work.

Message 4 of 4

hi @alexandre.fonseca 

the tools in the forum have been designed to convert the local forces of the bars into global actions brought back to a node. your customer's request seems specific and needs to be looked at in more detail because you want to obtain global reactions of a superstructure from the bars of the substructure and place them in another model in similar load cases.

try this topic: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/only-reaction-for-new-model-api/m-p/3...

It seems that a tool can always be adapted for use in the forum, but moving from one model to another requires you to explain how you wish to transfer this geometry. It would be useful if you could make a shema in addition to your explanation to find a solution closer to your project. At best, taking an intermediate step from the source model through a load descent table would allow you to complete the target model and dissociate the model transfer problematic.

see also the documentation: https://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2025/ENU/?guid=GUID-2257DB1F-8B2C-4926-B0DE-3B597C37AA7E

Best Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report