Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated foundation load

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HoshangMustafa
870 Views, 5 Replies

Estimated foundation load

Hi Rafal

Please find the attached file (Estimated fnd load). Can't ARSA calculate the load applied on the foundation? I think ARSA can calculate it correctly (Please find the attached file Estimated fnd load_1). Another question:

1- If the foundation is a circular sheaped mat foundation (e.g., foundation of circular water tank), there isn't a parameter of radius to include it in the Soil Buiding dialog.

2- If the mat foundation is irregular shaped, there isn't a contour option to include the geometry of such a shape so that ARSA can calculate K.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Can't ARSA calculate the load applied on the foundation? I think ARSA can calculate it correctl

It does.

1- If the foundation is a circular sheaped mat foundation (e.g., foundation of circular water tank), there isn't a parameter of radius to include it in the Soil Buiding dialog.

There is not

2- If the mat foundation is irregular shaped, there isn't a contour option to include the geometry of such a shape so that ARSA can calculate K.

There is not.

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSAPRO/2014/ENU/index.html?url=filesROBOT/GUID-68C071E7-7318-4A5D-9FC7-43D0...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6

Hi Rafal

Can't ARSA calculate the load applied on the foundation? I think ARSA can calculate it correctl

It does.

Please find the attached file. Why should I estimate the load applied on foundation and put it in the field named (Estimated foundation load) while ARSA can calculate it correctly and you posted It does

There is not

But what should I do if I have a circular shaped mat foundation and you posted There is not?

There is not.

But what should I do if I have irregular shaped mat foundation and you posted There is not?

Message 4 of 6

Why should I estimate the load applied on foundation and put it in the field named (Estimated foundation load) while ARSA can calculate it correctly and you posted It does

Type there estimated velue by your own of calculated reaction. 

But what should I do if I have a circular shaped mat foundation and you posted There is not?

Square a=2*r ? or calculate it by your own.

But what should I do if I have irregular shaped mat foundation and you posted There is not?

Estimate it with available possibilities or caclulate it by your own.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6

Hi Rafal

Thanks very much for reply. What about line load? Such as loads coming from railroad.

Message 6 of 6

?????????????

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report