Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARSA 2017 shutting down

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Jummybear
588 Views, 18 Replies

ARSA 2017 shutting down

Houston, we have a problem 🙂

Just recievewd new machine @work with last ARSA2017. Installed HF2 also. Robot shuts down everytime at the same place, after calculation slab provided reinforcement.

Capture.PNG

Should we wait for a new HF/SP in a near future?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Is it for this slab only or any slab? 

Can you run calculations on another computer for the same slab?

Is there a crash report form displayed? If yes, have you sent it? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 19

I am working for the first day with this new PC and new ARSA, so I didnt checked for the others slab, but it chrushes very often, not only in provided reinforcement module. No, no error reports are displayed, alltime the same thing: the programm has stopped working bla bla bla.

Other computers in the office still uses arsa 2016, so its not possible to check yet.

System Win10, ARSA 30.0.2.5964 if its needed.

PS I was lucky and from the 4th try I get my preliminary reinforcment at least. Robot has crushed after 30 sec when I switched to results/maps tab.

Seems that some of them dont like another one (I mean new workstation and new ARSA)

Message 4 of 19

Try to check if there is any update for the graphic card and if reducing the hardware acceleration helps. What is the number of cores for the processor? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 19

Windows 10 with Anniversary Update?

Try without it.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 19

Yeehaa, now I captured the crush report 🙂 Just sended to autodesk. "Thank you for sending your error report CER_144231986 to Autodesk."

I will check graphic card soft, I think this could be the issue because I also have some problems with displaying coorectly tabnames in upper dialog box (where you can choose start/nodes/bars/results etc). When I go to that tab and just switch the mouse pointer from one tab name to another then previous tab name fills with blue colour. I can take any screenshot or video of this problem yet..

Capture2.JPG

Message 7 of 19
Jummybear
in reply to: Jummybear

blue text (is its not a new feature of arsa 2017)

Capture3.JPG

Message 8 of 19
Rafal.Gaweda
Message 9 of 19
Jummybear
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I dont this that I am able to uninstll some Win10 components... Even if you dont know if that helps.

What about error report? 

Message 10 of 19

For the crash issue - in addition to Rafal's suggestion I just wanted to ask if you have Revit installed on this computer? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 19

Yes, I have, also 2017.

The system is "virgin clean" at the moment, installed only system with W10, Robot, Revit, Acad. Notheng else.

Message 12 of 19
Jummybear

Can it be that problems is caused by processor? I was planned to get i7, but get some Xeon E3-1240 V5 @3.5Ghz... 

Message 13 of 19

I don't think so however we haven't made any tests on such configuration. Just to make sure I understand the situation correctly: do you have program crashing when you do not open the RC design modules? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 14 of 19

I cant answer right now. I am on vocation this week and will be back in office 13.03. As I said before I spend very less time using new system and new robot so I cant answer exactly to your question. As I remember, crashig of Robot was everytime I usen RC module or after using RC module. 

Message 15 of 19

The problem still exist. I was talking to our IT engineers and they told me I cant uninstall windows anniversary update because I have new WIN10 already with it. I cant uninstall it separately, I cant move back to previous build of windows without anniversary update because I dont have the previous one.

I recorded a short video of my problem. Quality is not so good but its enough to see the problem.

Link to video https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwiy4b53rmrzlfl/2017-03-15%20at%2011-55-22.mp4?dl=0

PS Sometimes ARSA just crushes, sometimes provide error report. I send one to today also, but crushing of robot take place in 9 cases of 10, 1/10 is error report.

Message 16 of 19

Hi Jummybear,

Could you install RSA2018 and check if you have the same situation please? Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 17 of 19

I will try in a few days and let you know the results.

Message 18 of 19

Have you got a chance to check on RSA 2018? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 19 of 19
Jummybear

Small update to my post number 7: in ARSA 2019 this annoying blue strips has gone, works good.

Crushing problem was also solved with instaslling ARSA 2018.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report