Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After changing claddings to panels instabilities (type 3) appear in panel nodes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
353 Views, 2 Replies

After changing claddings to panels instabilities (type 3) appear in panel nodes

Hello RSA familiy!

I need help with my test model. 

I want to know stresses and deformations in the bars of my  "base structure".

First when I used claddings to apply loads, then everything seemed to be understandable - I got my stresses and deformations what seemed to be correct. 

When I wanted to check how much the thin plate (what is connected by bolts with the beam elements) affects the deflections of the beams and whole structure - then the problems appeared.

I gave to the claddings thickness and by that I changed claddings to panels.

But now I get during the calculations instability warnings about the nodes locating inside the panels. I have tried for testing purpose to add for specific node a support, but during the next calculation I get new instability warning with new node.

I would be very thankful when someone could explain me what I am doing wrong.

Best Regards,

Maarjus

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Anonymous

It seems that nothing is wrong with your model as node displacements are probably compatible with the structure modelled.

Take a look on webinar 16 on Build your Robot Structural Analysis IQ - YouTube and also on several forum messages about instability type 3.

Also,

1-You have analysis warnings that you should check . Ix=0 probably because you forgot to mark Ix calculation on section definition module. There is also a compatible nodes warning.

2- Mesh size is probably too small . This affects analysis time and displaying of results . Some panels display different mesh pattern .

3- Load DL1 has no loads applied.

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Thank You! 

Your answer helped to solve the instability problem!

Best Regards!

Maarjus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report