Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksharing problems with Create New Local copy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
robinhovr
595 Views, 2 Replies

Worksharing problems with Create New Local copy

Hello everybody I have a problem with worksharing.

I create a central model of my project (actually an empty file), and when I try to create new local copy I can from my computer but when try to create a new local copy from other computer (both computers are in network) the option is gray and I can't select the option. The computer that has the problem has Revit in Spanish... I attach a picture of the problem...

Please somebody can help me...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: robinhovr

It looks like you already copied the central file to your desktop.

The act of copying the file automatically makes it a new local.  The location (usually a network location) of a file is encoded into the file.  When you are opening it, Revit checks to make sure the file is in its original location (that is, the file you are opening is the actual Central File).

Since this has been moved/copied already, and is a local, you no longer have the option of making a new local through the open dialog.

Joe

Message 3 of 3
robinhovr
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Joe

Thanks so much

The problem was the network drive. I didn't put the file in a network drive instead of that I put the file in a share folder that's why I couldn't create a local copy...I could solve the problem creating a network drive...it works really good...

Thanks for your help...and time...

Adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report