Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight calculation rebar

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ghasem.ariyani
17008 Views, 10 Replies

Weight calculation rebar

Hi

I would use the following formula to calculate the weight of the rebar ,But only the value 0.00 will be displayed

1- w=(d^2)/162 

or

2- w=((d^2)*0.617)/100 

or

3- w=((d^2)*6169)/10^6 

Weight calculation rebar-1www.iran-bim.com.jpg

Weight calculation rebar-2www.iran-bim.com.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
suryani
in reply to: ghasem.ariyani

Hi,

I'm not really sure but based from my experience to calculate the weight of rebar in Revit, the steps are as following:

1. Adding the bar diameter, quantity, bar length and (bar diameter^2) in scheduled fields
  2. Click on Calculated Value button and insert Density of rebar as constant value (7850 kg/m3)
  3. Adding the Reinforcement Area and Reinforcement Volume
  4. To get the reinforcement weight as shown below

rebar1.png

Finally, to get the total weight of rebar, just multiply the rebar weight per unit with quantity.

rebar2.png

It works for me but if anyone have another correct way, kindly share with me. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Kieranathey1
in reply to: suryani

how do you add the  (bar diameter^2) ? its not in my parameters

Message 4 of 11
karibal
in reply to: Kieranathey1

In the schedule properties, create a new calculated value and use this formula: (bar diameter*bar diameter)

Message 5 of 11

Hi,

there is another possibility to calculate the total weight and get a bar schedule. You can use the plug-in SOFiSTiK Reinforcement Detailing and get a document with some nice tables and bending schedules.

Kind regards

Björn Teutriene

www.bimotion.de

29-07-2015_Bar_Schedule.jpg

Beste Grüße
Björn

Senior BiM Consultant bei
www.bimotion.de

E-Mail | LinkedIn | YouTube

Message 6 of 11
suryani
in reply to: bjoern_teutriene

Yes, I also use Sofistik Detailing to generate automated bar bending schedule. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Nissar19

How to calculat Weight of rebar per shett? 
Weight and tot total weight of rebar?

I've tried so showed you on discussion , but does not work.

I hope you can help me this.Regards

2015-10-21_19-40-18.jpg

Message 8 of 11
bjoern_teutriene
in reply to: Nissar19

Hey Nissar59,
The only way I found is this:
1. Create a Project parameter e.g. Rebar_Sheet and fill it out for every rebar.
2. Use this parameter in your schedule in order to filter only these rebars that are assigned to your desired sheet.
3. Calculate the volume (Schedule: > Edit Fields > Calculate Value... and use the parameters Bar Diameter and Total Bar Length
4. Calculate the weight (Schedule: > Edit Fields > Calculate Value... and use the parameter volume and multiplicate it with the density (there is no parameter for that, just write down a number in the formula.
4. Edit Formatting and click on Calculate totals for your new parameters.

Does it work?

Beste Grüße
Björn

Senior BiM Consultant bei
www.bimotion.de

E-Mail | LinkedIn | YouTube

Message 9 of 11

6.png8.png

Message 10 of 11
shadi.razzouk
in reply to: 123qwerfv

Hello 123qwerfv,

• The first warning appears, in case you changed the code without using the update tool, please use the update tool after changing the code from the settings dialog.

• The second warning appears, in case the parameter SOFiSTiK_Mass_Per_Length is empty for the bar types, but in spite of this, the weight for the bars will be correctly calculated in the schedule and you can either ignore the warning if you are using standard material for the rebars (Betonstahl - B 500 B, Density 8.004,80 kg\m³) or you can load the standard content pack (settings dialog => import button) and the parameter will be filled out automatically for all bar types. 

Kind regards

Shadi

Message 11 of 11
Nissar19

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report