Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoomFactor Workaround or New Mouse

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
db
Advocate
750 Views, 5 Replies

ZoomFactor Workaround or New Mouse

Hi....  I am starting to suffer a painful hand/wrist due to Revit's lack of a zoomfactor control.  I'm guessing Autodesk do not plan to introduce one so has anyone else overcome this problem via a good workaround or can recommend a specific mouse that will let me control that from within it's driver ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kelsey.S
in reply to: db

Hi @db,

I am happy to see that you posted your idea on the Revit Ideas page. This is where customers provide suggestions for new features and enhancements, then other Revit users vote on it, and the Revit product managers and engineers pull from these ideas for further Revit development.

For others in the community to vote up your idea, see the Revit Ideas Board post: Zoom to Selection 

In the meantime, you could consider trying plug-ins. See: Autodesk App Store  Does anyone else in the community have experience with plug-ins for zooming within Revit?

Here are a few more references on the topic of zooming in Revit:

Revit Shortcuts & Hotkey Guide (Search "zoom")

Use the Zoom Tool

About Zooming Project Views

If my reply was helpful, please Like or click the  Accept as Solution button below (or both).

Kelsey Skaug
Autodesk Technical Support
Message 3 of 6
Kelsey.S

Hi @db,

Was my reply helpful? If it was, please click "Accept as Solution" so that other members of our community can easily find it and benefit from it.

Thank you! 

Kelsey Skaug
Message 4 of 6
db
Advocate
in reply to: Kelsey.S

Hi Kelsey,

Thank you for taking the time to post but it didn't really help.  I am familiar with keyboard shortcuts etc. but as is so often the case it seems we have to find a workaround to get Revit to do certain basic things, including useful tools that were available in AutoCAD but not in Revit.... Somewhat of a three steps forward, one step back situation.

(For example, the zoom region, zoom previous commands etc. were pretty much rendered unnecessary many years ago by the introduction of the wheel mouse but the zoomfactor command was essential to this, yet this has been removed and the outdated commands left in).

I am trying out a couple of different ergonomic mouse but the scroll wheel zoom rates are still an issue because of the amount of times you have to roll the wheel to zoom in or out significantly.

Hopefully if the thread doesn't get closed then I will post back with pros and cons of each mouse and what I end up doing to workaround Revit's failings so that hopefully it helps others.

Message 5 of 6
Kelsey.S

Hi @db,

Sounds good! The community would certainly benefit from your mouse recommendations to address this issue.

Kelsey Skaug
Message 6 of 6
ThijsLugt
in reply to: Kelsey.S

Any updates on this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators