Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow for creating steel roof constructions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
arjanpol
533 Views, 2 Replies

Workflow for creating steel roof constructions

Hello everyone,

me and my colleagues encounter a problem of late with regard to creating the steel structure for sloped roofs.

Normally we do this by the following workflow:

1 create a sloped roof by footprint and use the slope arrow to attach it to predefined levels. Like this the slope of the roof can be changed by moving these levels.

2 set the downside of this roof as a workplane for creating the beams (structural framing) for the structure

This way the steel structure is attached to the roof as its workplane. Altering the slope or height of the roof will thus automatically apply to the beam.

So far so good, but here's the problem: when we change the slope of the roof, strange things happen to the beams regarding their join connditions. See screenshots below.

Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpgScreenshot_3.jpg

Obviously this is quite a big problem when you have to change the slope of a roof, which happens quite often.

We use this workflow to easily create sloped steel structures and have the possibility to quickly change the slope, but apparently it doesn't work well anymore (it used to work well with the older Revit versions, 2014 and before), so we need a new workflow for this.

Does anyone have a good method for easily creating adjustable sloped steel structures? I'm excited to see what you can come up with.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AGYEMANG.OFOSU
in reply to: arjanpol

I suggest you use beam systems and define the work plane as the slope of the roof and locked down your model lines to the roof edges. In that case as the slope changes the beams will change with it.

Message 3 of 3
arjanpol
in reply to: AGYEMANG.OFOSU

@AGYEMANG.OFOSUI don't want to use beam systems, to my opinion they undermine the flexibility of my steel structure and most of the times there will be different steel profiles in the structure and they aren't always placed on equal distances to each other. So I think this isn't really an option for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report